Woman forced to dig own grave before being murdered on beach by drug trafficker

A young woman was forced to dig her own grave before being killed allegedly over comments she made about a friend suspected of drug trafficking.

Amanda Albach, 21, was found buried last Friday (December 3) on a beach in the southern Brazilian state of Santa Catarina.

Two men and a woman were arrested in connection to the incident on Thursday.

One of the suspects led police to Albach's beach grave and confessed that the three of them had killed her, first making her dig the grave on November 15.

Albach was last seen on November 14 when she attended a party in the nearby city of Florianopolis.

Police chief Bruno Fernandes, from the Criminal Investigation Division, explained how the young woman from Fazenda Rio Grande had travelled to Santa Catarina with some friends to attend another friend's birthday party.

He said: "It was this bond that brought her to this house in Santa Catarina. She came to celebrate this person's birthday."

The victim's family lawyer, Michael Pinheiro, said: "These friends of hers said they left the party and had not seen her again."

But police found "inconsistencies in the statements", which made them suspect that people from the party were involved her in disappearance.

Albach's last recorded communication was an audio message sent to her parents on the night of November 15.

Her lawyer said: "She sent a message to her parents, around 8:40p.m, saying that she would return to Fazenda Rio Grande at dawn.

"Since then, there has been no more news of her. The cell phone is off and Amanda never accessed WhatsApp again."

Police reported that Albach's relatives reckoned her voice was strange in the audio clip, and that they said there was wind in the background.

One of the suspects reportedly confessed that the murder occurred shortly after the message was sent.

Fernandes said: "One of those investigated felt uncomfortable because he realised that Amanda had told third parties that he was involved in drug trafficking."

He added that Albach reportedly took a photograph of the unnamed suspect holding a gun and sent it to people.

Fernandes continued: "He did not like this situation and therefore decided to take her life."

The investigation into Albach's death is still ongoing. It is currently unclear whether the three unnamed suspects have been charged.

For the latest breaking news and stories from across the globe from the Daily Star, sign up for our newsletter by clicking here.

Source: Read Full Article