UK weather: Met Office forecasts cloud and cool conditions
When you subscribe we will use the information you provide to send you these newsletters. Sometimes they’ll include recommendations for other related newsletters or services we offer. Our Privacy Notice explains more about how we use your data, and your rights. You can unsubscribe at any time.
UK weather forecasters with the Met Office have predicted thunderstorms for parts of the country this evening. Two yellow warnings have popped up for England around London and the southeast and towards the east coast. People living in some of these areas will have to reckon with an additional flood warning.
Where are flood alerts today?
The Environment Agency has released flood alerts for eight areas this evening.
Affected areas include:
- River Blythe in Warwickshire
- River Cole
- River Kennet and its tributaries from Berwick Bassett down to Newbury
- River Rea
- River Stour and Smestow Brook in the Black Country and South Staffordshire
- Somerset coast at Porlock Weir
- Tidal Thames riverside from Putney Bridge to Teddington Weir
- Upper Tame
Source: Read Full Article