Thug who knifed £5.5m lottery winner had already stabbed 11-year-old five times

Stephen Gibbs, the lout who knifed his £5.5million lotto winner girlfriend in the face seven times, had already served time for stabbing a previous partner’s 11-year-old son 16 years ago.

Gibbs, 46, received an extended sentence of 18 years in jail for stabbing Emma Brown outside their luxury home in Barry, South Wales in a fit of rage, accusing her of cheating on him.

Luke Hilberg, the first victim, now 28, told The Sunday People: "I knew he’d attack again. A leopard never changes its spots."

Hilberg was just 11-years-old when Gibbs stabbed him five times after the youngster's mum tried to break up with the thug.

Speaking to Wales Online, Hilberg said: "When he doesn’t get his own way he’s not happy. He would start smashing things up.

To stay up to date with all the latest news, make sure you sign up to one of our newsletters here.

"He was always a very angry person. There was a switch and when it went you did not know what could happen."

Luke was attacked when Nicola ended her nine-year relationship with Gibbs. A court heard she was the intended victim.

Raging Gibbs plunged a kitchen knife into Luke’s back, causing a punctured lung and nerve damage – then stabbed himself and leapt off a multi-storey car park.

Luke, a bricklayer, has photos of the aftermath which also happened in Barry. He added: "He [Gibbs]stabbed me five times and said to my mum, 'Come have a look at what I’ve done to your son'.

"At the time I was numb. I was laying there but I was conscious."

  • Mum heartbroken at losing all three kids as daughter missing and both sons dead

In 2005 Gibbs was ordered to spend six years of a 10-year extended sentence in jail but was freed in 2009. Last Monday the flooring contractor was jailed for trying to kill Brown, 49 after she said she wanted to end their 12-year relationship.

They had been happy for eight years but when Brown won the £5.5million jackpot in 2017 things changed.

The court heard control-freak Gibbs, who had a booze and drugs problem, fitted a tracking device to her Mercedes.

He stabbed her, broke her arm and nose and left her for dead in a pool of blood on the patio of their £700,000 home in Barry in January, then tried to kill himself with pills.

Gibbs admitted attempted murder at Merthyr Tydfil Crown Court.

Brown, now partially blind, said: "I feel pity for him."

Source: Read Full Article