Serial killer who bludgeoned two of his wives to death with rock dies in jail

Serial killer Camille Cleroux, who bludgeoned two of his wives to death with a rock, has died in prison.

The 67-year-old reportedly died of natural causes on Sunday, Correctional Service of Canada has said.

The inmate was at the Pacific Institution in Abbotsford serving a life sentence.

In 2012, Cleroux – who was 58 at the time – from Ottawa, admitted to killing ex-wives Lise Roy and Jean Rock, as well as his neighbour Paula Leclair.

The slayings took place over a two-decade period beginning in 1990.

Cleroux was sentenced to life in prison after pleading guilty to first-degree murder of Leclair, 64, and two counts of second-degree murder in the deaths of his former wives.

The former dishwasher at a now closed Mellos restaurant confessed he killed his neighbour in 2010 because she refused to trade apartments with him.

He told officers he wanted Leclair's apartment because it was bigger and "had a better view".

Cleroux forced the woman at knifepoint to a shallow grave, stabbed her in the back with a knife and bashed her head with a rock, the court was told.

Her son was concerned he hadn't heard from her and visited the apartment to find all of her belongings and furniture were missing. Cleroux told the son his mother had gone on a trip and left the apartment to him.

  • Serial slasher at large in London as cops link murder of dad, 48, to two other attacks

The killer married Lisa Roy in 1987, with her body discovered in 2010, buried in the yard of the couple's former home in Ottawa.

He struck her with a rock after an argument but told people she left him.

More than twenty years later, city work crews found leg and other bones buried in the backyard, wrapped in butcher's paper.

They appeared to have been moved to the garden from another spot.

  • Shoplifter smashed out of locked petrol station using head after attacking staff

His other wife, Lisa Rock's remains, were pulled from Ottawa's Rideau canal in 2006 but remained unidentified for six years.

She went missing in 2003 and was last seen at a doctor's appointment.

Her family received multiple handwritten letters seemed to be signed by her every year between 2004 and 2010.

Cleroux had paid a friend with similar handwriting to pen the letters for $10 each.

The letters told a familiar story to his first wife, that she had left him. But the handwritten notes told of a fabricated story of her starting a new life with a trucker named Pierre.

They concocted three children and even included photos of them.

But instead, the haunting truth was that Cleroux buried her in a wooded area and twice dug up her bones to move them.

Source: Read Full Article