The royal family have shown they are "not thinking about Meghan Markle and Prince Harry", a royal expert has claimed.
This week, Princess Beatrice revealed she is expecting her first child with husband Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi, with the announcement coming on the same day as the Duke and Duchess of Sussex celebrated their third wedding anniversary.
The news was shared on the Royal Family's official social media channels as Beatrice and Edoardo stuck to royal protocol and allowed the news to be released via an official statement from Buckingham Palace.
The statement said: "Her Royal Highness Princess Beatrice and Mr Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi are very pleased to announce that they are expecting a baby in autumn of this year.
"The Queen has been informed and both families are delighted with the news."
And the announcement, made on the same day as the Sussexes' third wedding anniversary, is a sign the royals are "no longer thinking of Meghan and Harry" after they stepped back from their royal duties last year, according to one expert.
Brittani Barger, deputy editor of Royal Central, told the Daily Star: "The announcement did come on the wedding anniversary of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex.
"It is their third anniversary so it's not a huge milestone for a baby announcement to come from Princess Beatrice on the day.
"Harry and Meghan have been at odds with the Royal Family for quite a while, so I doubt the family was thinking about their reaction when releasing the news.
"They are just happy with a new member of the family expected in the autumn."
Meghan and Prince Harry announced their bombshell decision to leave the Royal Family in January 2020.
The couple announced on January 8 last year that they would step back from senior positions within the Firm following talks at Sandringham between Harry, Prince Charles, Prince William and the Queen and formally left the inner circle at the end of March last year.
Princess Beatrice baby announcement timed as 'revenge' against Meghan Markle
Meghan and Harry have since relocated with their son Archie Harrison to California, having spent the intervening period living in Canada, in hopes of a more private lifestyle.
Following Princess Beatrice's announcement, fans said Meghan and Harry had 'their thunder stolen' by Beatrice's announcement, while royal commentator Duncan Larcombe said the timing 'was not a simple oversight'.
Despite the apparent snub of their family members across the pond no longer thinking of them, Ms Barger believes the Sussexes will still be delighted to hear Princess Beatrice's happy news.
From Meghan and Harry's US lockdown to the Queen grieving alone: The Royals and Covid
She added: "I'm sure Harry and Meghan are happy for Beatrice and are looking forward to Archie having another cousin.
"I'd say they privately congratulated them. This baby will be close in age to their daughter, so that will be nice.
"Of course, being on the other side of the Atlantic, the cousins won't be able to see each other that often."
Source: Read Full Article