New Diana documentary could ‘divide’ Meghan and Harry in ‘awkward situation’

The Daily Star’s FREE newsletter is spectacular! Sign up today for the best stories straight to your inbox

New revelations in a Princess Diana documentary could divide Prince Harry and Meghan Markle, a former friend of the royal has claimed.

The sequel to 2017 worldwide hit Diana: In Her Own Words is set for release on Netflix next year in conjunction with the 25th anniversary of her death.

American filmmaker Tom Jennings claims he has six hours of unheard recordings of the Princess.

They were originally made for use by Diana's biographer Andrew Morton, who wrote the 1992 book Diana: Her True Story.

Diana’s former butler and close friend Paul Burrell believes the documentary could be uncomfortable viewing for the Duke of Sussex.

He told Closer: “He’s always hated the fact his mother was exploited – and now the same is happening on the very same platform he and Meghan are working with.”

Last year, Harry and Meghan announced a milestone deal with Netflix, which will see them produce documentary programmes.

Mr Burrell continued: “Netflix have capitalised on the appetite for royal scandal with The Crown, Harry and Meghan’s upcoming work and now this Princess Diana documentary.

  • Royal Mail issues four Prince Philip stamps to remember late royal

“If Harry’s already feeling torn and uncomfortable about his recent actions, this will no doubt cement those feelings.

“It’s very awkward as I think Meghan may see Diana as a role model, and feel she can relate to her.

“So she’ll welcome more insight into Diana’s life and for them to be compared. But those differing feelings could create a divide between her and Harry."

Harry is set to return to the UK on July 1 to unveil a statue in his mum’s honour in the grounds of Kensington Palace.

He and Prince William initially announced the plans in January 2017.

Tensions between the brothers surfaced in the interim, and a source told The Sun that they will give separate speeches during the ceremony.

They said the pair will "be physically together for the ceremony" but will make "their own personal addresses."

Get latest news headlines delivered free

Want all the latest shocking news and views from all over the world straight into your inbox?

We've got the best royal scoops, crime dramas and breaking stories – all delivered in that Daily Star style you love.

Our great newsletters will give you all you need to know, from hard news to that bit of glamour you need every day. They'll drop straight into your inbox and you can unsubscribe whenever you like.

You can sign up here – you won't regret it…

It was thought the brothers would make a "joint statement" but "that is not the case" and "each has insisted on preparing their own."

Nick Bullen, editor-in-chief and co-founder of True Royalty TV, earlier toldUS Weeklythat the brothers are “not talking at the moment”.

Harry and William were spotted chatting after leaving Prince Philip’s funeral last month, but the relationship is still seemingly strained.

  • Meghan Markle
  • Prince Harry
  • Princess Diana
  • Royal Family

Source: Read Full Article