Mum’s horror after opening Heinz spaghetti with ‘maggots living inside’

A disgusted mum says that she opened a tin of spaghetti to find maggots living inside it.

Jade Louise Webb, 26, made the grim discovery over the weekend while she was cooking for her family.

The mother-of-three, from Aberdare, said she was horrified when she saw what was inside the can.

Jade told Wales Online: "I recently purchased a food item of Heinz spaghetti with sausage from a local Asda supermarket.

"I opened the tin to make for my children's tea and I was disgusted to find that inside were maggots on the inside of the lid.

"The food was all rotten and smelt so bad – it put me off food all night. I felt sick to my stomach.

"The worst part of it is that the tin is actually in date until August 2021.”

Jade added: "It's never happened before. I've never seen anything like that before. I opened it to cook it for the kids, and I didn't look at it at first.

"The smell coming from it … it was like something had rotted."

Jade wanted to share the images with people as she was worried that there could be other damaged tins out there.

But Heinz told the Daily Star that the quality of its produce is always the company's "number one priority", and apologised for the incident.

A Heinz spokesman said: "We were very sorry to hear about Jade’s experience. The quality of all our varieties is always our number one priority. It appears as though this particular can may have become damaged after leaving the factory allowing air to enter and mould to grow.

"We would ask that Jade contacts our Careline team on 0800 528 5757 or online so that they can carry out a full investigation."

Source: Read Full Article