A man is fighting for his life in hospital after he was stabbed in broad daylight in London, as police put an entire area under strict controls.
Police were called to Brookhill Road in the Woolwich area of the capital shortly after 5.30pm but mysteriously couldn't initially locate a victim.
Officers believe, however, that a man suffering from stab wounds who arrived at a south London hospital shortly after was injured in the incident at Brookhill Road.
READ MORE: 'Shafted' WizzAir passengers stranded after they're sent in taxi to wrong country
The Met Police have put in place a Section 60 order, which rolls out stop and search powers to the force without the need for reasonable grounds.
It will remain in place until just after 9am on Thursday.
A statement from the force read: "At 5.37pm on Wednesday, September 28 police were called to Brookhill Road, SE18 following reports of a stabbing.
"Officers attended and a crime scene was started but a victim could not be located. A short time later, at around 5.50pm, a male was dropped off by car at a south London hospital with stab wounds.
For the latest breaking news and stories from across the globe from the Daily Star, sign up for our newsletter by clicking here.
"He is in a life threatening condition.
"It is believed the male, who has yet to be identified, likely sustained his injuries in the incident in Brookhill Road."
No arrests have yet been made in connection with the incident.
Police have appealed for information, which can be given on 101 with the reference 5568/29SEP.
Anyone with information can also contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- Bombshell book claims Meghan Markle wanted to be rejected in 'obsessed' narrative
- Panicked Prince Harry is 'desperate to make late changes to £17m memoir'
- Prince Harry was 'addicted to Twitter' and fighting media 'long before he met Meghan'
- Queen's grave pictured for first time as she joins Prince Philip and her family at last
- 'Terrified' Harry cancelled meetings with William over fears his team would leak gossip
Source: Read Full Article