London's Heaven club was evacuated on Friday night following reports of a "suspicious item" found inside, police have said.
Metropolitan Police officers put up a cordon to block off access to Villiers Street outside the gay nightspot before specialists conducted a search.
Other businesses in the surrounding area close to Charing Cross station were also reportedly told to close by officers at the scene.
A bar staff member who works at a neighbouring venue told the Mirror they were told to close early due to a potential "bomb threat".
The man – who wished to remain anonymous – said he and colleagues watched a mass "evacuation outside the club and police told us to cease operating".
He added: "We were close to our closing time anyway and complied with what they said."
In a tweet at 11.10pm, Westminster MPS said due to an "incident" specialist units and other emergency services "are working together to place cordons to prevent access" to the street".
They added: "The public are advised to avoid the area until further notice."
The Force then confirmed following further investigation nothing had been found and the report was a hoax, with the closures having now been lifted.
A Met Police spokesman told the Mirror : "At 9.14pm on Friday, 23 July police received a report of a possible suspicious item at a nightclub in Villiers Street, WC2.
"Specialist officers attended and carried out a thorough search. Nothing suspicious was found and the report was deemed a hoax. Road closures in the area have been lifted."
It comes just months after a fake bomb was planted at the club on May 3, forcing the stars of Ru Paul's Drag Race UK – who were rehearsing for an upcoming show – to flee.
Get latest news headlines delivered free
Want all the latest shocking news and views from all over the world straight into your inbox?
We've got the best royal scoops, crime dramas and breaking stories – all delivered in that Daily Star style you love.
Our great newsletters will give you all you need to know, from hard news to that bit of glamour you need every day. They'll drop straight into your inbox and you can unsubscribe whenever you like.
You can sign up here – you won't regret it…
The nearby Underground station was also evacuated during that incident which saw police storm in to investigate after an anonymous tip off.
The street was also cordoned off, with widespread disruption to train and underground services through Embankment, Charing Cross and Waterloo East caused.
The police said at the time an investigation was underway to determine whether there was a homophobic motive behind the fake bomb.
In a tweet on Friday night, prior to the confirmation the scare was actually another hoax, Owen Lloyd said: "The second time one of the biggest LGBTQ+ venues in London has had a bomb scare in the past 2 months.
"This is not funny at all, this is seriously concerning.
"It may well be a hoax again but it seems another targeted attack. Please stay safe everyone."
Source: Read Full Article