Camilla is self-isolating separately from Prince Charles after the future King tested positive for coronavirus, it has emerged.
Clarence House announced this morning the Prince of Wales, 71, “had been displaying mild symptoms” from the disease.
It added that the Queen’s son and heir “otherwise remains in good health” and continues to work from his and Camilla’s Scottish estate Balmoral.
The royal household said Camilla was also tested following the news amid fears she could have contracted Covid-19, and the result came back negative.
But it has now emerged she is self-isolating separately from Charles in their Balmoral home of Birkhall to be sure she does not catch it.
A royal source also told People magazine that Camilla is “concerned” for her husband, although the Duke and Duchess of Cornwall remain in “good spirits”.
The source said: “Both of them remain in good spirits. There is a sense of keeping calm and carrying on.
“The duchess is concerned for him, but she is aware of his own good spirits and therefore is keeping a close eye on him and mindful of her own situation. She is upbeat.”
Homes Under the Hammer fans fume at show delay over Prince Charles coronavirus news
It is reported the couple were not isolating from one another ahead of Charles‘ positive test results.
It was only when he was diagnosed that they went into separate self-isolation.
Buckingham Palace announced shortly after the news of Charles’ positive test that the Prince last saw the Queen on the morning of March 12, following an investiture.
The Palace said in a statement: "Her Majesty The Queen remains in good health.
Prince Charles tests positive for coronavirus as COVID-19 strikes Royal Family
“The Queen last saw The Prince of Wales briefly after the investiture on the morning of 12th March and is following all the appropriate advice with regard to her welfare."
A royal source said that the earliest Charles would have been infectious was March 13, raising concern for Her Majesty.
Charles and Camilla had travelled to Highgrove House, their residence in west England, on March 13 and then travelled to their Birkhall residence on the Balmoral estate in Scotland on Sunday.
Queen Elizabeth left London for Windsor Castle on March 19 and was joined by her 98-year-old husband, Prince Philip.
Coronavirus-positive Prince Charles last saw The Queen just days before test
Clarence House said in its statement that it is not known where Charles caught the virus.
It said: "It is not possible to ascertain from whom the Prince caught the virus owing to the high number of engagements he carried out in his public role during recent weeks.”
But it is on one of those engagements that Charles met Prince Albert of Monaco, who later tested positive, at a charity event in London on March 10.
However, Charles has been seen ditching his usual handshakes for namaste gestures at all his recent engagements in a bid to stick to social distancing guidelines.
- Prince Charles
- Prince Philip
- Camilla Parker Bowles
Source: Read Full Article