Cops are hunting a 15-year-old boy who exposed himself to three schoolgirls and tried to sexually assault one in a park.
Detectives appealed for witnesses following the "shocking and concerning" attacks in Peckham Rye Park in south east London.
A spokesman for Scotland Yard said: "On both occasions the male has approached girls aged under 13 and exposed himself.
"The first incident occurred on 31 December 2020 at around 17:00hrs. A girl was approached by a male who first exposed himself and then attempted to sexually assault her. He ran off when the victim screamed.
"The male was wearing a brown or black padded jacket, black trousers and black shoes.
"The second incident happened on Tuesday, 2 March at approximately 16:00hrs. A male exposed himself and performed a lewd act in front of two girls.
"At this time the male was wearing a black hooded top with a white circle on shoulder and white draw strings. He was also wearing grey tracksuit bottoms."
Detective Inspector Richard Poynter said: “I understand that incidents of this nature are both shocking and concerning for the local community. I want to reassure local residents that since these two offences were reported to us we have increased uniformed patrols in and around the park.
“If you have any information about who this person could be it is imperative that you get in touch with us as soon as possible. Likewise if you have observed a young man acting suspiciously in the park matching the description given please make contact.”
Prince Harry trolled by James Hewitt conspiracy after emotional Oprah interview
Get latest news headlines delivered free
Want all the latest shocking news and views from all over the world straight into your inbox?
We've got the best royal scoops, crime dramas and breaking stories – all delivered in that Daily Star style you love.
Our great newsletters will give you all you need to know, from hard news to that bit of glamour you need every day. They'll drop straight into your inbox and you can unsubscribe whenever you like.
You can sign up here – you won't regret it…
The suspect was described as having black wavy or curly hair, 5ft 2ins to 5ft 4ins tall and around 15-years of age.
Detectives from Central South Safeguarding have linked the incidents.
The girls and their families are being supported by specially trained officers.
Meanwhile police searching for missing Sarah Everard had been told of attacks on lone women close to where the 33-year-old vanished, it has been claimed.
Six unanswered questions from explosive Prince Harry and Meghan Markle interview
Sarah has not been seen since going missing on Wednesday, March 3, after leaving a friend's house in Clapham, south-west London, at around 9pm.
She was due to arrive home in nearby Brixton less than an hour later but has not been seen or heard from since, sparking desperate appeals and searches trying to locate her.
Now, it is understood detectives investigating her disappearance had been aware of assaults on women in the area, according to the Times.
Source: Read Full Article