British WWE favourite Pete Dunne has agreed to a new long-term contract with the company, according to a new report.
The 27-year-old is unquestionably one of the most talented members of WWE’s huge roster, currently a star on their NXT programme.
The Birmingham-born star made a huge name for himself on the global independent scene before making a WWE debut in 2016.
Since then, he’s gone on to establish himself as one of their best workers, boasting many a Match of the Year contender and numerous title reigns.
A multi-time former tag champ, he became just the second ever WWE United Kingdom Champion in May 2017 after defeating good pal Tyler Bate.
He went on to hold that gold for the better part of two years before losing it Walter in an epic clash in New York.
Dunne still appears regularly on NXT in the States, and on Tuesday night wrestled in a fatal four-way match for the NXT Championship.
He’s added further to his value by becoming a backstage producer to the NXT UK brand, which films its shows at BT Sport’s London studios.
It was no surprise, then, that as speculation had been growing as to his contractual status with WWE, fans feared the hot property could perhaps be on his way from Vince McMahon’s company.
Brit WWE star Pete Dunne 'will shine' at top of NXT after confronting Finn Balor
But a new report has stated the hard-hitting grappler has extended his stay – with Paul ‘Triple H’ Levesque driving home the deal.
Fightful Select noted: “WWE sources confirmed to Fightful [Tuesday] afternoon that Dunne agreed to a new three-year deal which was actually said to have been personally offered by Triple H before he was sidelined recently.”
Triple H, who has been an influential part of Dunne’s career, suffered a ‘cardiac event’ recently, with WWE confirming he is now recovering.
The legendary performer underwent a medical procedure, with the issue said to be the result of a ‘genetic heart issue.
WWE added that Levesque is due to make a full recovery.
Source: Read Full Article