The father of a 12-year-old boy has said his son is "lucky to be alive" after being thrown off a bouncy castle just moments before a 'mini-tornado' swept it into the air, killing six children.
The horrific incident took place in Devonport, Tasmania, last week which saw six children on a bouncy castle being blown into the air, before falling 10 metres to their deaths.
Beau Medcraft was thrown off just moments before the tragedy – and is now mourning the tragic loss of his six classmates from Hillcrest Primary School.
Beau's dad, John Medcraft, took to social media to share the details of his son's lucky escape, and to express his sadness for the victims who lost their lives.
He wrote: "My boy Beau was and is so lucky, he was on the jumping castle and thrown off.
"He's bruised, busted and broken but he's still with us. He's more thinking of his mates he's lost and all of them. He's a tough kid."
With both arms in casts and his shoulder in a sling, Beau attended the growing memorial for the six children, armed with Xbox controllers which he left among the sea of cards and flowers as a tribute to his friends.
Parents 'sobbed on floor' after bouncy castle tragedy killed five kids
He then broke down in tears as his parents hugged him.
The grandparents of the youngest victim, Addison Stewart, 11, also attended the memorial.
Her grandfather, Graham Deacon, said: "Addison had such a great life ahead of her but that has been taken away.
"We are just so proud of her. She is a beautiful granddaughter, we have looked after her since she was a baby."
Horror house fire kills two sets of twin boys as lethal blaze tears through home
The grandfather of Zane Mellor, 12, sat and cried beneath a tree during the memorial.
Tasmanian rural health counsellor, Bradley Carter, told Australian media: 'I saw a granddad who was wanting some closure, he wanted to know.
"It was lovely to be with him at that moment. He is not blaming anyone, he is just looking for answers."
The latest victim, Chace Harrison, died this morning (Sunday 19 December) at a local hospital, becoming the sixth child to die as a result of the tragedy.
Actress and singer shot dead while waiting for son outside football training
Relative Karen Wallace said the family are going through "such a tough time" and do not want to celebrate Christmas.
Peter Dodt was also one of the six children to be killed in the horrific accident.
His mother, Miranda McLaughlin, had not seen Peter since last Christmas because he lives with his father, and the state borders kept closing.
For the latest news and stories from the Daily Star, sign up for our newsletter by clicking here.
When restrictions finally eased in December, the mother-of-nine told Daily Mail Australia that she and her toddler Dylan jumped on a plane to Devonport last week.
Unbeknown to her, it would be the last time she would see her son alive.
He was killed in the incident, along with his classmates Jye Sheehan, Jalailah Jayne-Maree Jones and Zane, all age 12, while Addison and Chace were both 11.
Two others are fighting for life in hospital, and one has been released to recover at home.
Source: Read Full Article