Boy, 6, home from hospital after suffering burns in flaming tennis ball attack

A 6-year-old boy who suffered severe facial burns after a bully allegedly threw a flaming tennis ball at him has been allowed to return home from the hospital.

Dominick Krankall, from Connecticut, was playing in his backyard on April 24 when an 8-year-old boy armed with gasoline and a lighter reportedly lured him out of sight and attacked him.

The flaming tennis ball hit him in the forehead, causing the boy to suffer severe burns to his face, which have been treated at the burn unit at Bridgeport Hospital without surgery.

While his mum says there is still a chance he could need an operation on the 'deeper burn', for now the kid has returned home with a huge smile on his face as he was given a police escort home without a full mask of gauze.

In the latest update on GoFundMe, his sister Kayla Deegan, 20, wrote: "We are beyond grateful to have our Dom back. He is getting a visiting nurse to help with his recovery. He got a super special ride back from an amazing state trooper!!!

“Dominick is beyond happy to be with his family again. He is on the road to recovery but all the love, support, and prayers from all of you has put a major part into this."

Krankall was released from Bridgeport Hospital’s burn unit earlier than expected.

During the eight-day ordeal, the boy had to eat from a straw as his face was covered with bandages.

For the latest breaking news and stories from across the globe from the Daily Star, sign up for our newsletter by clicking here.

Deegan previously told the New York Post about the attack, describing how the bully, who had targetted her brother before, stood back and 'watched him burn.'

She said: "What he did was pour gasoline on a tennis ball, took a lighter, lit it up and just chucked it right at my brother’s face — and then ran away from him and watched him burn.

“Two months ago under the bully’s mother’s supervision, he was pushed into a wall and fell to the floor. And again, the mother refuses to admit her kid did it."

The family have managed to raise over half-million dollars from kind-hearted donors to find a new home in a “safer” neighbourhood.

Source: Read Full Article