The BBC’s coverage of Her Majesty the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee celebrations could be threatened by the row over Amol Rajan’s controversial two-part The Princes and the Press documentary.
Palace sources have expressed the Royal Family’s enormous dissatisfaction with allegations made in the programme, and in particular the BBC’s failure to provide advance viewing copies ahead of broadcast.
A Christmas Carol Concert to hosted by the Kate Middleton had been expected to air on the BBC, but the rights have now been handed to ITV.
It’s already been reported that Prince William intends to "seriously consider” any future projects with the BBC, and there are concerns that the second part of Rajan’s documentary contains even more explosive allegations.
A source told The Mail on Sunday : "There is an expectation that this programme will be worse than the first. There are already plans for media coverage around the Jubilee but it’s not all nailed down.
"Depending on what’s in the programme, there could be a withdrawal of co-operation when it comes to interviews or other projects with the BBC."
Many of the allegations made in the programme, which depicts the event of the past few years as a feud between Prince William and Prince Harry, have been dismissed as "tittle tattle" which is likely to upset Her Majesty.
In response to criticism of the documentary BBC chairman Richard Sharp is reported to have said he hoped the Royal Family would “respect” the documentary and he stood by the production team.
Accoring to the Daily Mirror, Mr Sharp said: "The BBC is a national institution and we approach our relationships with the other national institutions with great care and thought.
"The Royal Family is at the centre of our identity. Its underlying importance is unequivocal and we have tremendous respect for all aspects of the Royal Family in all that they undertake and do."
Source: Read Full Article