300lb man slams woman to ground and punches her 12 times in unprovoked attack

This is the shocking moment a man viciously attacked a woman at a gas station, leaving her with serious injuries.

The suspect, weighing abut 300 to 350lbs, was arrested and taken into custody after a family member turned him in shortly after the incident on Sunday evening (May 30).

CCTV footage taken from the gas station in the 500 block of Rosecrans Avenue in Gardena, Los Angeles, captures the unprovoked attack at around 7.10pm.

The shirtless man walks up to a woman, who is pumping gas and never sees him coming, and throws punches towards her without warning.

She steps back and hits the gas metre before falling to the ground as the man continues to assault.

He grabs her hair to slam her head against the car and the ground multiple times.

The attack continued for 40 seconds until three men walked up to the suspect and intervened.

The victim was rushed to hospital with severe injuries to her face and head.

Deputies from the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department described the woman as a 25-year-old single mother who said she was heading home from work on the day of the attack.

Get latest news headlines delivered free

Want all the latest shocking news and views from all over the world straight into your inbox?

We've got the best royal scoops, crime dramas and breaking stories – all delivered in that Daily Star style you love.

Our great newsletters will give you all you need to know, from hard news to that bit of glamour you need every day. They'll drop straight into your inbox and you can unsubscribe whenever you like.

You can sign up here – you won't regret it…

Detective Keegan McInnis told ABC7: "He walked around, she didn't see him. By the time she looked up he had thrown the first punch.

"You see in the video the attack is pretty vicious. Then he calmly walks away as if nothing had happened."

On Friday (June 4), authorities said they learned of a second attack apparently by the same suspect the night before.

A 63-year-old woman was attacked near the same intersection. She was sitting in her car at a traffic light when the suspect walked up and punched her.

Later that night, the suspect, who is in his late 40s, was taken into custody around 7.30pm after a family member expressed concern he would hurt someone else or himself and turned him in.

"He has a history of mental illness and he has a history of violence," Det. McInnis said of the suspect.

"So when she [the suspect's family member] was notified by family and friends of what was going on she turned on the news and saw the story and immediately recognised the suspect's vehicle, as well as his action."

The man is currently on parole for assault.

Source: Read Full Article