The Daily Star’s FREE newsletter is spectacular! Sign up today for the best stories straight to your inbox
Virtual pub quizzes have become a popular way to socialise with friends and family during the coronavirus pandemic.
Organising a quiz over video chat apps such as Zoom or Houseparty has replaced having a drink with friends at the pub.
It allows people to relax, have a drink and socialise virtually, while still having something to keep the conversation going and stay entertained.
There are many ways to host a quiz, including electing a person to make a list of questions and answers.
To help you, we have collected 30 general knowledge questions you can use in your very own quiz.
General knowledge quiz questions
1. In which children’s book did a spider called Charlotte and a pig called Wilbur appear?
2. How many sides has a heptadecagon?
3. Which was the first James Bond film to feature Roger Moore in the title role?
4. Who succeeded Henry II as King of England?
5. What is the name of the fourth book in the Harry Potter series?
6. Which film actor has commonly been nicknames “the Muscles from Brussels”?
7. Which metal has the chemical symbol Pb?
8. According to the idiom, what do “birds of a feather” do?
9. Which is the only letter in Scrabble to have a value of five points?
10. Which London Underground line has the most stations?
‘Corona-worry' could be harming your sleep – here’s what you can do about it
11. In which century was William Shakespeare born?
12. In which English county is Blenheim Palace?
13. Which beer markets itself as “The King of Beers”?
14. How many golden stars feature on the flag of the European Union?
15. In which James Bond film did Daniel Craig first play the starring role?
16. When referring to a cash machine, what does ATM stand for?
17. In which country was Amal Clooney born?
18. Who was the first ever winner of Britain’s Got Talent?
19. The now-abandoned Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant is within which modern-day country?
20. Which type of nut is used to flavour Nutella chocolate spread?
21. Name all of Disney’s Seven Dwarfs.
22. How many differently coloured sets of residential properties are there in a game of Monopoly?
23 . How many moons does the planet Venus have?
24. Which is the capital city of the United Arab Emirates?
25 . Which European country has the longest coastline?
26. How long is a rugby union match, excluding stoppage time?
27. What in the national flower of the Netherlands?
28 . The artist Frida Kahlo was born in which country?
29 . Which is the fifth planet from the sun?
30. Which was the first flavoured crisp to be introduced commercially in the UK, other than salt?
General knowledge quiz answers
1. Charlotte’s Web – E.B. White
3. Live and Let Die (1973)
4. Richard I/Richard the Lionheart
5. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
6. Jean-Claude Van Damme
8. Flock together
10. District Line (60 stations)
11. 16th century (1564)
15. Casino Royale (2006)
16. Automated Teller Machine
18. Paul Potts
19 . Ukraine
21. Doc, Grumpy, Happy, Sleepy, Bashful, Sneezy and Dopey
24. Abu Dhabi
25. Norway (58,133km)
26 . 80 minutes
30. Cheese and Onion
All these questions and answers were collected from the free quiz website Ready Made Pub Quiz.
Source: Read Full Article